Objective: Install the Live Maps Operations Manager Extensions.
- System Center Operations Manager Console for 2012 R2, 2016, or 1801
Where to Install
All workstations that will be running a SCOM console.
Before you begin, ensure that any SCOM consoles are closed down. That includes other users on the same Server. This will prevent a required reboot when you are finished.
1. The first step is to log onto the Live Maps Portal as a SCOM administrator. From the Portal, navigate to the Menu > Administration > Downloads.
2. From the List, find the “Live Maps Operations Manager Extensions x64 msi”. Click on it to download the MSI. Note: If you require an x86 installer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This will download a file named “Savision.LiveMaps2012.OpsMgrExtensions.x64.msi.
3. Navigate to the folder where the MSI was downloaded. Right click on the file and select Install. If you receive the standard windows security warning, click on Run.
4. On the Welcome screen, click Next.
5. Confirm Installation by clicking Next.
6. Once the install is complete, click Close.
Accessing Live Maps Operations Manager Extensions
To see if the extensions are working, launch the SCOM console and navigate to the “All Services Dashboard”.
Note: You should see any services previously created in Live Maps. If you haven’t created any, then this will simply show the blue “Services Dashboard” bar at the top. If you are not licensed for Enterprise then you will see a license violation.
If this reveals a DLL error, then the extensions are not loaded.